It’s not wise to bathe your dog frequently since it can deplete your dog’s coat of beneficial oils. But there may be times you need to clean your dog in between their baths or grooming appointments. Here are two options that might work for you.
1. Dry Shampoo- Yep, you can buy your dog shampoo that can be spritzed, foamed, or sprinkled on. There are many new products that will do this. Make sure the product is designed especially for dogs.
- a. First, brush your dog’s coat to remove any excess dirt.
- b. Spray the dry shampoo on your dog avoiding the head.
- c. Follow the directions on the bottle, but typically let it sit for a few minutes.
- d. Brush the shampoo and grime away.
- e. Dry the dog off with a towel.
2. Wet Wipes for Dogs- You can now purchase wet wipes specifically made for dogs. This is a must! Remember that your dog likes to lick themselves so making sure the Wet Wipes are for dogs is a must.
- a. First, brush your dog to remove any dirt and grime.
- b. Dog Wipes are good for your whole dog so start at the neck and work your way down.
- c. Use a fresh wipe for your dog’s face and ears.
- d. Brush your dog.
- e. Finally, towel dry your dog.
It’s always a good idea to bring some doggie wet wipes along any trips or walks. You can easily wipe away any dirt or grime that might accumulate on your pooch’s coat or paws.